This text has been automatically translated by Google. Switch to original.
Stand free and in nature? Offgrid and wild camping? Or luxury and cozy at the campsite?
This is all possible with this smart VW camper!
The two solar panels (200 watts), ample water storage (40L), the powerful engine (150 hp) and our special toilet make this XL Volkswagen unique and very suitable for a free way of Vanlife!
But the compact dimensions in combination with the smart kitchen design and the connection to the shore power make the camper also very suitable for a campsite. The special design will then ensure many conversations and admiring glances.
We have been on Vanlife sabbatical with 2 people with the camper for six months and can therefore assure that the camper is extremely versatile.
What is unique about our motorhome?
1. The famous TONKE Kitchen. An outward-opening design with a two-burner gas hob and sink with hardened glass lid. Flexible and versatile! Let yourself be surprised.
2. The 2 sliding doors opposite each other (most buses only have 1). This ensures ideal ventilation and cooling during the hot days. And it ensures that you are in contact with the outside. A wonderful feeling!
3. The TONKE XL is 40 cm longer than a standard VW Transporter or a VW California, which is great. Think of more storage, longer bed, more living space, etc. Really, 40 cm is a world of difference, while you hardly notice it on the outside.
4. More than 200 watts of solar panels on our Tonke. This allows you to stay in the wild longer and more extensively.
5. The toilet solution. Simple, effective and space-saving. We are happy to explain it to you completely.
So look on Youtube (010camper) for a more extensive look and explanation (in English) on our camper.
We also tell you the honest story of what you are NOT getting:
- No hot water and no indoor shower, we do have an outdoor shower (cold) and a solar shower.
- It can sleep 4 adults, but we do not recommend this. 2 adults (and possibly small children) is perfect.
- It is not a 4x4 camper, but the VW bus with powerful engine has brought us where we wanted.
- The camper is not suitable for snow / skiing holidays and with prolonged bad weather the camper quickly becomes too small.
- There is no separate navigation, this goes via your phone and the screen in the VW via connect app. Works very well with always the latest route information.
What extra can you request from us:
- A television with satellite receiver (note the satellite receiver and TV you get in a separate suitcase)
- A suitable bicycle carrier (note that a standard bicycle carrier does not fit, the tailgate cannot open)
- An off-grid package (ax, shovel, solar shower, bbq, etc)
- Delivery and pick-up service (you can also rent a guarded parking space in the center of Rotterdam)
- Cleaning service (if you do not wish to do this yourself)
What else is there in the superbly converted VW Transporter T6.1 by TONKE?
- 3-person sofa, with 3x three-point belts (incl. Isofix), convertible into a bed of 125x195cm. Smart solution where you sleep on the flat back of the sofa.
- Full 2 person sleeping place with extra mattress under the lifting roof (125x210cm)
- Many storage options for groceries and clothing. Be amazed!
- The sofa / bed is removable and slidable over the entire floor length to create more storage space or more living space
- Fresh and dirty water tank (2x19L / 16L)
- Insulated floor with entry lighting
- Gas cabinet with vent, according to Dutch and German standards
- Professional compressor 45 liter cool box / freezer.
- The entire camper is equipped with LED lighting (spotlights and gooseneck reading lights)
- Darkening in the entire camper by means of curtains and suction cup mounting
- Mosquito curtains in both sliding door openings. Lovely to open the doors, fresh air inside, mosquitoes outside.
- The furniture is made of dimensionally stable and rock-solid birch plywood
- Yacht building quality hinges and locks made of stainless steel
- Side walls in the camper area covered with felt
- Sliding door (s) with plastic panels, moonrock gray / black
- 2nd AGM battery / household battery, charging while driving / solar panels / shore power
- Lifting roof with heavy-duty bellows cloth.
- 2 sleeping places downstairs (sofa), 2 sleeping places upstairs (pull-down bed).
- 7-speed automatic diesel 150 hp (great, together with the cruise control)
- Adblue, euro 6
- Blue motion with start-stop system
- Airbag for driver and front passenger
- Central door locking with remote control and interior control
- Electric windows, electrically adjustable mirrors
- Radio 'Composition Audio' with TFT display and navigation
- Cruise control
- Luxury steering wheel incl controls on the steering wheel
- Swivel front seats
- Comfort seats in the front, with armrests and lumbar support
- Air conditioning
All in all, a very complete and luxurious, but compact camper. Ready for your perfect vacation.