This text has been automatically translated by Google. Switch to original.
Spacious, neat and solid classic / retro camper, with the special features 1) it runs on LPG, and 2) a fixed 2p bed in a kind of separate bedroom / box bed in the back.
Very suitable as a family camper with 4 sleeping places, but including some parental privacy. But because of the fixed bed (with new mattress!), It is also ideally suited for touring or hibernating as a couple. Thanks to roof carriers, plenty of options for transporting roof boxes, kayaks, surfboards, etc!
Top of the range 80s luxury, nostalgic woodwork and rattan, almost in original condition, but in the meantime also decorated with solar panels, LCD TV, radio CD player with bluetooth and MP3, car kit, extra sockets (220V, 12V, USB), modern bicycle carrier, larger (normal and blind spot) mirrors, extra seat belts and roof carriers, Reliable, well maintained, in excellent technical condition, low mileage (190,000, of which only 50,000 on LPG). Bovag inspected again in 2018, so technically and in terms of interior completely checked again. Cozy, neat, and with a very complete inventory (also for outside). The camper has a small bathroom with toilet and a shower, but the shower is not used due to its vulnerability. There is, however, a solar outdoor shower.
We find the advantages of this wonderful camper:
- IT DRIVES ON LPG (and of course also petrol). Environmentally friendly, and also very cheap to drive. No diesel noise, no diesel fuel, and virtually no problems with urban environmental zones. LPG is cheap and available in most European countries: there are also various special LPG tank apps that can be linked to navigation.
- FIXED 2-PERSON BED with new mattress in a kind of SEPARATE BEDROOM! If you are with the two of you, no hassle with converting the table every day. And if you are with children some 'parental privacy'. The seating area can also be converted into a 135 cm wide 2p DINETTE BED.
- CHILD-FRIENDLY: a dinette just behind the driver's area (playing or watching TV within reach), with a large low window and a good view to both sides (so less car sickness). Two LAP BELTS are built in for the seat facing the direction of travel, which can also be used for a child seat or maxicosi.
- REAR VIEW through a large rear window. As a driver, you can simply look back through the 'bedroom' through a normal rear-view mirror.
- SPACIOUS ON THE INSIDE, MODEST ON THE OUTSIDE. Due to its layout, the camper seems quite large on the inside, but because it does not have an alcove, it still looks modest from the outside. So catches little wind and runs smoothly. Lots of light through many large (tinted) windows, all equipped with combi screens.
- Suitable for LONGER TRAVEL, FOR AND AFTER SEASON, or for more REMOTE AREAS, due to a very good heater, solar panels, extra spotlights and floodlights, and two (both connected) large gas bottles. Refrigerator can run on 12V (while driving), 230V ('shore power'), and 'off the grid', possibly also on gas.
- ROOF CARRIERS on top of the camper, suitable for the transport of several roof boxes (included), kayaks or surfboards. The ladder seat at the rear has a custom-made bracket to which an outboard motor can be transported.
CONSIDERATIONS for this motorhome:
- Older campers like this one do not have the engine power of new campers. With this camper you can easily drive a cruising speed of 90 km / h (flat, the top is a bit higher), and that feels really hard enough, in our experience. Hilly terrain is also fine, but for really high mountains, this camper is not suitable for driving on petrol / LPG (petrol and certainly LPG has less traction in the mountains than diesel). The Alps or Pyrenees as a destination is therefore not a good idea, but crossing these mountains to Italy or Spain is fine.
- Given its age and the somewhat lower power / speed, this motorhome is not suitable for covering a great distance in a short period of time. In our own experience, 700 km a day is already very strong, which for days on end is not a good idea for this camper. So there must be a bit of a balance between the duration of the application and the destination. We don't think a week to Italy or a weekend in Denmark is a good idea. That does not do justice to the camper, it is a bit of a relaxed camper!
EXTRA OPTIONS with this camper:
- linen service.
The camper is standard equipped with clean and fresh and flannel / mattress protectors and sheets. For an extra 50 Euro you can also rent fresh covers (1x2p and 2x1p), pillows, covers and towels that we wash for you afterwards.
- when renting a large dinghy with 6hp outboard engine.
This dinghy (zodiac model, 290 long, suitable for 300 kg / 4 people) is transported in a roof box on top of the camper, the outboard motor is transported on a bracket at the back of the camper. Including accessories such as pump, fuel tank, lock, life jackets, etc., costs 100 Euro per week.
- when renting a 2p kayak.
This is a 'Norwegian kayak' (a cross between a canoe and a kayak: a large open compartment with 2 sliding seats), suitable for flat water, but NOT for white water or sea. It can accommodate 2 adults plus possibly two small children (max 6 years). Including accessories such as paddles, waterproof barrel, life jackets, etc., costs 50 Euro per week.
NOTE: RENTAL PERIOD AND PRICES!
For this camper, a different minimum rental period and daily price has been specified for different periods.
In high season (May holiday + July / August) the camper can only be rented for a minimum of 1 week (May holiday) or 2 weeks (summer holiday).
In the pre and post season (Sep to Oct and April to June) the minimum rental period is set at 7 days / nights. Shorter is possible, but it is the case that there is a 'minimum rental amount' for which I accept a booking: 300 euros (or the amount of 4 days / nights). This is because there is quite a lot of work involved in the follow-up, in guiding and making a test drive with the tenants, and checking afterwards. Without this minimum, the rent is no longer in proportion to the time I have to put in ... sorry!
In the low season (November to March) the minimum rental period is 3 weeks. This has to do with the fact that I may have to take the camper out of the garage and put it back in road tax, while the rates are minimal. However, in consultation with a longer rental (eg hibernation) a lot is possible with regard to the price !!
We are very happy with our camper. We therefore expect tenants to handle it carefully and normally, and only rent out if we have a good feeling about the prospective tenants. Conversely, prospective renters can of course always come and see the camper before booking and possibly take a test drive.
# Rent this motorhome very cheaply for OVERWINTER? At least 2 months to a 'dry' destination such as Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal or Morocco, in the period November-February, for only 1100 euros per month! Optionally, the camper can drive to the destination for you. Send a message for more information. #